Under the direction of a licensed Medical Technologist, the Medical Laboratory Technician II is responsible for performing, evaluating, and reporting of technical laboratory procedures on patient specimens for use in the diagnosis and treatment of disease. Follows established procedures to ensure laboratory quality control and compliance with professional standards of practice. Models appropriate behavior as exemplified in MLH Mission, Vision and Values.
- Associates degree, Medical Laboratory Technician (may include those who were grandfathered from CLA).
- Current TN Licensure as Medical Laboratory Technician.
Note: MLTs working in states not requiring license must have certification or be eligible for certification by a national accrediting agency.
RELEVANT EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- At least three (3) years relevant experience as a Medical Laboratory Technician.
- Demonstrated competency in routine testing in assigned Laboratory area.
- Ability to effectively relate and communicate with internal and external customers.
- Basic knowledge of laboratory information systems.
- Ability to organize tasks and projects work without close supervision to complete tasks.