• Collects on standard and routine patient accounts from third party payers and patients to maximize cash receipts and minimize receivables while maintaining effective customer relations. Works under direct supervision and follows standard procedures and instructions to accomplish assigned tasks using basic problem solving skills. Models appropriate behavior as exemplified in The Methodist Mission, Vision and Values.
• High school graduate or equivalent.
RELEVANT EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
• Six months to one year of insurance billing or other work related experience. Prior hospital business office experience preferred.
• Moderate motor abilities for operation of calculator, typewriter and computer terminal. Accuracy is essential.
• Basic mathematical proficiency required to include addition, subtraction, multiplication, and calculation of percentages.
• Good written and verbal skills.