Responsible for providing HIV prevention services within the context of the grant. Conducts targeted community outreach, counseling, testing and referral. Documents activities collect data and other services in target communities for reporting in the national database. This position is also responsible for identifying outreach sites. Models appropriate behavior as exemplified in MLH Mission, Vision and Values.
- Bachelor's Degree in Education, Social Service or related discipline
- High School Diploma or equivalent AND two or more years working in an HIV related field.
- Must have a certificate for HIV Rapid Testing within 3 months of hire.
- Red Cross HIV training or the equivalent preferred.
RELEVANT EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Two to four years professional experience in public health or community based organization.
- Experience conducting outreach/educational efforts.
- Education or experience relevant to HIV/AIDS and/or other sexually transmitted disease issues.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.