This position observes cardiac rhythm and electrode placement. Rhythms are observed, documented, and reported when changes are noted. Recognizes basic rhythms and rhythm changes using standardized procedures. Models appropriate behavior as exemplified in The Methodist Mission, Vision, and Values.
- High school graduate or equivalent required.
- OTJ training for monitoring and interpreting basic rhythms.
- Healthcare-provider CPR certified within 6 months of hire.
- Must successfully complete Basic EKG competency within 6 months of hire.
RELEVANT EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Ability to perform basic arithmetic calculations commensurate with education.
- Ability to read and comprehend moderately complex written material, such as technical manuals commensurate with education.
- Ability to organize and complete tasks.
- Ability to communicate verbally with others, including patients and co-workers.
- Ability to maintain working relationships with co-workers.