Gr 10 - Surgery Tech - Hamilton Eye Surgery Ctr
Responsible for assisting the surgical team by acting as a primary scrub person who handles surgical instruments, supplies and equipment used in a specialized area during surgical procedures. Maintains constant vigilance for the maintenance of the sterile field. Models appropriate behavior as exemplified in The Methodist Mission, Vision, and Values.
- Holds current national certification as a Surgical Technologist (LCC-ST).
- Must demonstrate education/training through one of the following methods under TN Code Ann. § 68-57-101(a):
- Completion of a CAAHEP accredited program in surgical technology;
- Completion of an appropriate training program for surgical technologists in the armed forces, CAAHEP accredited hospital, or CAAHEP accredited ambulatory surgical treatment center program; or
- Successfully completed the surgical technologists LCC-ST certifying exam.
Grandfathered under TN Code Ann. § 68-57-102(a):
- Prior to July 1, 2006, was employed for not less than 18 months as a surgical technologist in a hospital, medical office, surgery center, or school;OR
- Began training to be a surgical technologist in an accredited surgical technology program.
RELEVANT EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- BLS and/or Heartsaver AED is preferred (or must obtain within 90 days of hire).
- At least 2 yrs of orthopedic experience
- Must demonstrate the ability to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Ability to communicate verbally with co-workers, physicians and other outside professional staff.
- Ability to organize tasks and maintain control of work flow.
- Ability to perform basic arithmetic calculations as would be acquired through completion of high school.
- Ability to read and follow written instruction as would be acquired through completion of high school.