The Medical Technologist II is responsible for performing, evaluating, and reporting of technical laboratory procedures on patient specimens for use in the diagnosis and treatment of disease. Follows established procedures to ensure laboratory quality control and compliance with professional standards of practice. Models appropriate behavior as exemplified in MLH Mission, Vision and Values.
- BA / BS in Medical Technology or natural science AND current MS Licensure as Medical Technologist (or Special Analyst).
- (1) Med Techs working in states not requiring license must have certification or be eligible for certification by a national accrediting agency.
- (2) Educational requirements may be waived for those with state licensure who met grandfather requirements under CLA.
RELEVANT EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- At least two years relevant experience as a Medical Technologist. A Master's degree in Clinical Laboratory Science may substitute for one year of experience.
- Demonstrated competency in routine testing in assigned Laboratory area.
- Ability to effectively relate and communicate with internal and external customers.
- Basic knowledge of laboratory information systems.
- Ability to organize tasks and projects work without close supervision to complete tasks.