Performs daily activities for cleaning, decontamination, packaging, sterilizing and storing of surgical instruments and supplies. Maintains inventory levels and ensures proper care and operation of equipment. Models appropriate behavior as exemplified in The Methodist Mission, Vision, and Values.
- High school diploma/GED.
- One year experience in Sterile Processing or completion of a formal training program in surgical technology is preferred.
- Must achieve SPD certification (CBSPD) within 24 months after date of hire.
RELEVANT EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Must be competent to perform all job functions by the end of orientation.
- Ability to understand and perform basic principles of infection control and aseptic technique.
- Exhibit manual dexterity and speed in performing assembly line tasks.
- Ability to communicate promptly, clearly and accurately in both written and oral form.
- Ability to organize tasks and maintain control of work flow.
- Work requires the ability to read and understand complex instructions and perform basic arithmetic calculations.