- Attendant's responsibilities include maintaining cleanliness of patients' rooms and hospital common areas. Our cleaning program focuses on reducing airborne allergens and contaminates as well as eliminating surface germs, bacteria, and viruses. This position helps ensure the patient's stay is comfortable. They take pride in both the small and big details of maintaining a clean hospital environment. They manage their department well and keep it stocked in order to better serve the public. Their services are never taken for granted. The cleanliness of the hospital is such a critical component of excellent patient care. Assumes other responsibilities as required or directed specific to unit. Models appropriate behavior as exemplified in The Methodist Mission, Vision and Values.
RELEVANT EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Ability to comprehend verbal instructions given in English.
- Excellent customer services skills required.
PATIENT GROUPS SERVED
Neonates (0-28 days) Children (2-12 years) Adults (18-64 years) All Patient Groups
Infants (29 days - 23 months) Adolescents (13-17 years) Geriatrics (65 years and older) N/A
- The physical activities of this position may include climbing, pushing, standing, hearing, walking, reaching, grasping, kneeling, stooping, and repetitive motion.
- Must have good balance and coordination.
- The physical requirements of this position are: heavy work - exerting up to 100 lbs. of force occasionally and/or up to 50 lbs. of force frequently.
- The Associate is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity, such as preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; or extensive reading.
- The Associate may be required to have visual acuity to determine the accuracy, neatness, and thoroughness of the work assigned (i.e., custodial, food services, general laborer, etc.) or to make general observations of facilities or structures (i.e., security guard, inspection, etc.).
- The Attendant has daily contact with Associates and Supervisor/Manager in Environmental Services and other departments within the hospital.
- The Attendant will have daily contact with physicians, patients, and visitors.
SUPERVISION PROVIDED BY THIS POSITION TITLE:
- There are no supervisory or lead responsibilities assigned to this position.
STATEMENT OF NON-INCLUSIVITY:
- This job description is not to be construed as a complete listing of the duties and responsibilities that may be given to any employee. The duties and responsibilities outlined in this position may be added to or changed when deemed appropriate and necessary by the person who is managerially responsible for this position.